Write Label is seeking a full-time Creative Manager who will work closely with the Director of Editorial to ensure the successful execution of projects and initiatives hosted on the Write Label platform. This person will be an integral part of the dynamic and growing team that oversees hundreds of copywriters and freelance copy editors, delivering creative work for some of the biggest advertisers in the world. The ideal candidate is digitally savvy, appreciates good creative content, likes a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment and enjoys working closely with creatives every day. While the day-to-day responsibilities of this role may not always be creative, ideal candidates should be able to step in and help with creative needs when necessary.
Ideal candidates for this remote position will have strong areas of interest in AI integration, marketing, advertising, e-commerce, SEO, radio, television or digital content writing and will be ready for both independent action and teamwork.
Start Date: July 2023
Location: Remote; company operates on Eastern Time with some flexibility possible
We’re looking for individuals who have a/an:
- Ability to take initiative and exude a “get things done” attitude
- Background and strong skills in copywriting and copy editing
- Leadership experience
- An interest in discovering how AI content can assist with human-created creative
- Strong interest in advertising and an understanding of the key components of advertisements
- Ability to think from both the brand/marketer’s perspective and from the creator’s perspective and an ability to communicate clearly with both clients and creatives
- Affinity for working in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to learn the tone and voice of new clients
- Eye for detail and love a good spreadsheet
What you’ll do:
- Manage a wide variety of creative projects and deliverables from initial request to final hand-off, acting as the Editorial advocate and liaison throughout
- Work closely with the Director of Editorial for quality assurance and to track timelines
- Meet with clients to discover creative needs and solve pain points
- Help craft “project briefs” to translate a client’s key communication objectives into engaging writer-facing briefs to generate excitement, encourage participation and deliver results
- Assist in managing and copy editing projects by leveraging the unique Write Label process and technology platform
- Assist in writing creative copy when needed, particularly digital offerings such as banner ads and email campaigns
- Participate in and share opinions during team meetings
- Increase efficiency by generating new ideas about better ways to leverage Write Label’s robust technology platform.
- Play an integral role in the training of Write Label creatives to meet client needs for specific initiatives
- Communicate and collaborate effectively within the organization, clearly and effectively presenting ideas, results, and initiatives backed by data
What you’ve got:
- 2+ years of relevant experience working with creatives and clients in dynamic advertising or copy production
- Digital copywriting experience, including email campaigns
- Strong understanding of social media and other cutting-edge tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area of interest preferred, but not required (English, Communications, PR, Marketing, Media Studies, etc.)—advanced degree a plus, but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including copy editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to analyze data and develop strategies
- Strong, witty, creative writing skills, outstanding taste, and a love of storytelling.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Gmail, Slides, Sheets, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working and delivering to multiple stakeholders from other internal teams
Hours & Compensation:
Full-time. Compensation package includes salary, equity, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, dental, and life insurance.
Salary range: $65,000-$70,000 USD/year
Write Label is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Submit your application below. Your application should include a:
- Cover letter, describing your interest in working at Write Label and your fit for the role
- Optional, but highly encouraged: link to a copywriting and/or copy editing portfolio